Tuesday, August 16, 2011

#49 keep the fire going

It  really is amazing how losing one pound can almost be as motivating and encouraging as losing 10 pounds. At least
for me. Your step is a little lighter, your smile a little bigger, every thing is just better. That sure does make the day a lot better. So what do you do if you do not lose weight or even gain weight. Because unfortunately during a weight loss journey you will have plateaus, and even gain weight at times. So what do I do. I blow it off,  plain and simple. Some times I will look at my past week and know exactly why I have not lost, And if I know I was on track with my nutrition and my exercise, then more then likely it is just a temp thing anyways. The scale is an evil thing at times, it can really throw you off track if you let it. One of my goals is to gain muscle. So if I gained one pound of muscle and did not lose any fat that week what does that look like on a scale. FAIL!!! However it is a win win, muscle burns calories so it is really good to have. In short the scale is a very ruff map of what is actually going on so just take what it tells you with a grain of salt. measurements and how your clothes fit is a much better measure of your weight loss then a scale.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! Here's to fighting the plateaus. startingat500pounds

    ReplyDelete