Wednesday, August 24, 2011

#52 Quinoa what's that?

Quinoa is a really good food to get to know if you are looking for nutrient dense foods and a great food for weight loss. It is one of those foods that is extremely versatile.  I love quinoa and cooking
with it. It can be used as you would use rice, oatmeal, flour, just all kinds of ways. I could sit here and try and tell you how great it is and how many recipes it can be used in but I could do it no justice. I will say it is a key food in my weight loss though. It is a great source of protein and fiber along with calcium, iron, vitamin E and several B vitamins. It is also gluten free.
I will post some links that will do more justice than I can do as far a recipes go and info.
Here is a Facebook page just about quinoa. www.facebook.com/pages/Quinoa-Corporation
Here is a web site with all kinds of info and recipes www.quinoa.net




No comments:

Post a Comment