Friday, September 9, 2011

How quickly we go back

I have one of the best jobs in the world. I work as an h2i for an Anytime Fitness. However, some days I feel a lot of helplessness and am very sad. I feel this way when I see some one who needs a life style change and they start off making the commitment needed but then they lose motivation and just go back to their old ways. I really wish
I could help these people get on track. I have seen people who when they join the gym they are all gun ho. They commit for a year some times two but then they use the gym once and give up. I know how hard it is to come into the gym when you feel everyone is looking at you. I know how it feels to be too fat to fit on a machine or be over the weight limit. I know how it feels to not even be able to use an elliptical for 30 seconds. Ya, that is right one of my first cardio goals was to be able to do 30 seconds on an elliptical. So it kills me when I can not help some one get on a better track. I am not saying I know it all but I do know enough to help. Plus it motivates me so much when I am able to help some one. Being able to use my life long struggle to do something good just helps me understand at least my struggle with my weight has not been a waste. Pass on knowledge, helpfulness, or just an understanding smile. It may just motivate you more than the person you gave it to.

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Windows® phone.

1 comment:

  1. Corey, I know how frustrating it is. I have twice offered my personal time to help others develope routines suitable for them, work with them, encourage them, only to see them stop almost immediately - and still seek that "quick fix" to get to their weight loss goal.

    And you and I both know it takes a level of commitment to walk the path of "diet and exercise"-- a huge commitment-- to yourself, to your health, to everything about *you*-- and as heavy people we tend to help everyone else but ourselves as a way to diflect attention from ourselves.

    But I bet some of those ones who come once, and then disappear-- eventually they will make the commitment (they have started,they committed money) and get on the bandwagon.

    I couldn't imagine a better H2i at an AF than you-- for no one will know better the struggle, the work, the live changes that need to be made. You are an inspiration-- although sometimes, you have to work in their subconscious psyche-- and not in their gym.

    Thank you for sharing all you do-- it is reaching... I promise. ;)

    ReplyDelete