Wednesday, December 22, 2010

#27 Christmas traveling

Yep it is that time of season. Traveling to visit family and friends wich most will have food I should not be eating.
So I need a game plan on how to avoid eating junk foods and over eating.
This year I have a secret weapon. Now just making sure I put it to use.
So what is my weapon, well it is knowledge. That is kind of lame, We all have some knowledge and have failed years past. So yes there is more this year along with better knowledge I have actually fond things that seem to work great.
1: Chia seeds. I can not get over how lame that sounds but I am convinced hook line and sinker. They just work. So I have my to go pocket container of chia seeds. I know if I have two tablespoons with my first meal of the day and two more early afternoon my cravings and feeling hungry are all but gone.  
Next is smoothies. I can just pack so many veggies and other reach food into one glass that with the chia seed I am just full for hours. I could have 3 smoothies all day and never be hungry. In fact 2 is good enough to where I do not even eat much for a meal.
As I gave some of the ingredients I use in my smoothies in post #25 and I am trying to get some video uploaded so you can check them out.
Also I have it planed to take the girls out walking around and to the park right after dinners and meal times. This really helps me keep my amount down as I know if I eat tell I am stuffed I will not get off my butt.
As for traveling I plan on having a smoothie before we leave each time. I am even considering taking my blender and groceries with just to make sure every thing is easy and available. And only reachable driving snacks are cauliflower, fruits and dried fruits.

I wish every one a Merry Christmas and God Bless be safe have fun and enjoy every minute you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment