Wednesday, December 1, 2010

#20

What a week,
Thanksgiving has come and gone, It was our first year of trying some healthier choices on traditional dishes. I must say that sweet potato styx are awesome and a huge hit with the family. All you do is cut sweet potatoes like steak fries brush a bit of olive oil on them and dust with paprika. Back at 350 until soft and just starting to caramelize on the edges. Just awesome you have to try them. 
However even trying to watch our foods and intake Thanksgiving dinner ended up being a 1300 calorie dinner. I was really hoping to get it closer to 800 but hey it was great and back to better foods.
I have been working on a program for the gym that really kicks my butt, which is a good thing and I really do feel better after working out. For cardio I have started doing a thing called Peak 8 and it sounds easy but the best I have been able to do is five. It is just killer. Here is a link that gives some details http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2010/11/13/phil-campbell-on-peak-8-exercises.aspx
They make is sound really good but as with anything on the net I take with a grain of salt until I can say if it works for me. Plus when they say listen to your body do so, one day the recumbent bike shut down on me because my heart rate was too high like 190 high. So if you try it be carful and work you way up it is killer. I have not weighed lately but my energy just keeps growing. I was able to work on the house and get more done in the past week then I have been able to for more then a year. I will try and get a video up here in the next week or two I have just been trying to spend less time on the computer.
Thank you all for your support and comments I do enjoy being able to share something useful for others as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment