Wednesday, July 20, 2011

#41 making a difference Makes a difference

Ya that title probably makes more sense in my head then it does when you read it. However while working at the gym I get to be face to face with a lot of people and no matter if they are trying to bulk up, build endurance, build strength, or lose weight. They all have the same goal generally to have a healthier life style and to be in better shape. The more I have learned about fitness in general is that all these goals are approached the same way. That is a topic I will have to go into more depth later. However the point I am making is that all these people come in and a lot of them turn to me for advice, an ear to bend or just be a constant.
It really gives me a lot of accountability. Most people are lucky to have one person to be accountable to. I have an entire gym that looks at me and many ask every time they see me How I am doing. They like to know how my diet or nutritional intake as I like to say is. They also like to know how my weight loss is going and even my workouts at times.
So if I slack I feel super guilty and like I am letting so many people down. Which this is a good and bad thing. When I am doing good I feel great and get tons of encouragement. When I am doing bad it makes it almost unbearable to look people in the eye and help others.  It is however a feeling that drives me to achieve my goals and be accountable and an example of those who keep an eye on me and my journey.
The greatest thing though is when I see some one that I have worked with or is driven by my achievements is an amazing thing. It lights up my day so bright every one near me will know. Mainly because I will tell them but still it is great!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment