Sunday, July 24, 2011

#44 I can do that.

Here awhile back I posted something about walmart and needing the bench: lets-get-movin. Well yesterday Marshalltown was having a festival down town with a car show. My lovely bride wanted to go so, OK I say with a bit of fear in the back of my mind. See last time I went to a festival downtown was almost tragic to me.
Walking to it was painful by the time we had walked the 1/2 block I was looking for a place to sit. Well to cut to the chase we only stayed a short time. I was soaked in sweat and hurting so bad I did not even want to try and walk back to the car. I was mortified in many ways with the experience. So yesterday when we went I had this in the back of my head. Actually it was in my head bad enough I remembered the pain in detail. However this time we parked a full block over (easier parking) and walked to the festival. As we approached my wife and youngest had to use the restroom. This is where I would normally look for a place to sit but not this time. This time We had cars to go see! So my oldest and I took off for the car shouting over our shoulder we will be checking the cars out!!!!
We looked at the cars up one side of the road then down the other. Then we took the girls to bounce in one of the blow up things and checking out Mator. I never sat once and this is after elliptical races at the gym and working out some. Sure I was tired but tired is fine. I was not in so much pain I was short of breath or almost crying either. I can deal with tired at the end of the day in fact I strive for it. That just means I have done something worth while!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment